Thursday, March 24, 2016

6 More Different Stitches

 Holy cow!  Has it really been almost a month since my last post?  I've added 6 more stitches to my Take A Stitch Tuesday Owl:  the Barb stitch, Long Chain (blue stars at the top), Fancy Bobbin Edging, Raised Cross Stitch Flowers ( I put these in the wings), Pekinese and I'm currently working on the Oyster stitches to finish off the owl breast and around the face too.  How to work all of these stitches can be found on Sharon Boggon's Pintangle website.  This has been such a great project to work on for the last 34 weeks.  Only 18 more stitches left to go.
 Close up of the rows of Pekinese stitches.
 I saw this cute crochet cell phone pattern on Ravelry ( Florence the Owl pattern by Irene Strange) and made one for each of my daughters.
 This is the one I'm making for myself.  Almost done - just have to attach the eyes.
I was in Arizona for a week and went for a number of great hikes in the desert. Hubby called this the stick-em up cactus.
 A wild javelina roaming the town plaza of Ajo.  I didn't get too close but it totally ignored me anyways.
Loved seeing the little lizards everyday!

Have a lovely, lovely day :D

15 comments:

  1. II love your Take a Stitch Tuesday owl - such a great idea. It's looking fabulous. Florence is pretty good too - I might follow that up and make one myself. I also like the way the javelina stands on such delicate feet - like a dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Owl is really filling in with great stitches. How fun the crocheted Owls are to hold call phones. Your time in Arizona look like lots of "wild" fun. Happy Easter Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. your owl is looking so impressive and the phone cases look good too, especially like the colours of yours. Oh dear 18 stitches to go and still not started mine yet but have been saving them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your owl is just amazing Jeannette - and I love the cute little phone cases. Have a great Easter weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owls seem to be ruling your world right now... they're adorable! I've never heard of a javelina. I think I might have freaked out seeing that little guy on the street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owl is looking lovely great textures Like the crochet pattern for the phone cases. When ever I try to take photo's of wild animals they always take off well done you.


    ReplyDelete
  7. your embroidery stitching is wonderful. I love the phone cases, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your owl is coming along amazingly. I love how you're using all the different stitches in the challenge to make him (her). I saw that pattern on Ravelry and thought about making it and now I just might!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a pretty large wild beastie to be wandering around town during the day! Looks like a fun holiday.

    And your owl is getting richer all the time. Looking good, Jeannette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. É Páscoa! Cristo está vivo, o túmulo está vazio, Ele ressuscitou!!! A mais bela festa dos Cristãos.
    Crentes no Amor de Deus Pai que nos deu seu Filho Jesus Cristo que permanece conosco pela força do
    Espírito Santos, seguimos nossa caminhada na construção de um mundo mais justo, fraterno, humano,
    harmonioso e de doação.
    Todos somos promotores da Paz!
    Feliz, Santa e Abençoada Páscoa.
    Um doce abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your owl- a nice way to do TAST! The cell phone covers are adorable! Glad you had a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the mobile phone owl covers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your TAST owl looks wonderful. I love the pekinese stitch hillock.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've just been doing the Pekinese stitch myself and I really like it! For so long I used the same stitches over and over again, happy in their familiarity but trying to expand my horizons a little now. It's fun to play with new ideas and techniques, and I love seeing what you've been doing with your little owl - he looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your owl and how you've used the TAST stitches. Very creative:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!